Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Punishment for a Crime

Aiden Morild Guest

Education, a job, and a girlfriend

Time is a rarity

You're beginning to sound a lot like Fenris with your "Duke is never around" rhetorics, Dafur.

what the fuck is this shit? These forums, and miniscule adminstrative tasks shouldn't be taking up anyones time. If you don't have anything to do, then you should probably know that Darkfall still isn't released.

Everyone is here for Darkfall so if people aern't playing GTA, EvE, Planetside, IRC, w/e is happening it's because they joined for Darkfall. I realize this is brown nosing shit, but when it comes game time the leaders will have to show us why their leaders or they won't last long to say the least.

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Dafur Hammertoe View Post
    I didn't see the Duke championing alongside us in GTA.. The only time I see the Duke is in rare moments in mIRC. Why should I respect him more than Jord, who has actually led us in GTA? Its just a title.

Respect comes from actions not titles. Thirlan does alot with his Zurich Project and is involved with Eve and Tribal Wars.
    Yes, it IS men who honor titles and not the other way around. I'm glad you at least understand that much.

Now all we have to do is get you to take a step back, look at this guild, and understand that it is better, larger, more organized, and more well prepared for a fun gaming experience than any other one you could waltz into today. All of us who founded Wessex understand that because we've been involved with many guilds, we know how bad it can be, and we all used our combined experiences and understanding to bring people together here.

I used to be available more than I am now, so did his grace. Thirlan used to be around less... but you see, Dafur, we all recognize and understand what our responsibilities are. I don't think anyone here has devoted more effort or effectiveness to this organization than his grace. He's an amazing man who can facilitate amazing, fun results. How he manages to pull in an overtone of education and historical re-enactment into the process is a mystery to me, but he does it. I wouldn't be here if that weren't the case, and neither would Thirlan, Nira, Aeneas, Destinova or any long time member.

I understand that you haven't seen it in action yet, so I can forgive you for being a little apathetic demoralized. We set our sights on Darkfall, and when it is released you will see what I'm talking about... all I can do in the mean time is ask that you have patience and understanding for the big picture. But don't think my understanding will forgive you for acting like a traitor and nay-saying the establishment that years of work have gone into, and that even more years of experience have been laid as foundation for. It's insulting to me personally, and it betrays every shred of trust we put in you by making you a freeman.

Freemanship, of course, being something we cannot take away from you no matter what position you have. So when you reflect the respect we've shown you with this kind of spitting in our faces, I get a little bit bent out of shape.

Anyway, I hate this kind of drama... I knew it would be an inevitability once Darkfall was pushed back, because without an active example of our progress it becomes difficult to sustain your respect for people who are taking every step necessary to secure their real world situations so that they can give even more effort to our project here for Darkfall. So I don't necessarily blame anyone, outside of us for estimating Darkfall's release a bit early, but it still doesn't excuse harboring feelings of malcontent without any basis for them.

And I can guarantee you that we all understand this. Why else would it have taken so many months to finally give Protonix and Fenris an ultimatum? We tried everything we could, even giving Protonix a guaranteed cabinet position if he would just go through the process of esquireship. It was all for nothing though, and his hedonistic self-patronization finally showed its true colors when he started taking screenshots from the duke's private cabinet discussions and giving them to our friends and enemies alike. I hope I'm not seeing the same thing developing in you, Dafur, because unlike Protonix we gave you your position out of respect, rather than out of placation... which was a mistake we'll likely not make again.

Aiden Morild Guest

Who says the Duke is inactive? He probably does alot more behind the scenes then we know about... He doesnt have to be a forum spammer to be a good duke

I'm sure his Grace will be alot more active in Darkfall, and if he still can't he will delegate so it won't be noticed anyway. That's exactly the reason we need all these ranks and titles, because in Darkfall they will really mean something.

Shilohen McCroix Guest

Lots of good points have been made in this thread. I for one am extremely excited for the day I get Darkfall installed and get to play with this amazing group of people. I love the concept behind this guild and in my eyes it leads to an extraordinary role-play experience, perhaps even better than my experiences in RP in Ultima Online--and that is hard to beat! I trust the leadership here will have no problems keeping things running smoothly come time for Darkfall. I know I for one will be much more active within the guild once the game actually comes out. Right now I am pretty much lurking in the shadows and trying to pwn in Tribal Wars :P

That's just the newb's opinion. I don't post much or join IRC regularly, I know, but don't think I have lost love for the guild! If anything, it grows day by day with every ounce of anticipation and every second of daydreaming of the fun times we will have together in The Duchy of Wessex!

Closed Thread

Thread Information