Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Punishment for a Crime

Quote Originally Posted by Hagakure Swift View Post
    In my opinion, justice in the Duchy seems to not be as final as it should be (mostly referring to the Proto/Fenris case, though this brings it back to mind).
    Sooo... what exactly do you expect us to do? There aren't many e-punishments we can give out as the Duke has pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagakure Swift View Post
    If you're suggesting that I complained to leadership because you were ignoring me for no reason, don't kid yourself. I don't know why you've taken such a disliking to me, but I can confirm that there has been nothing on my part to warrant such absolute division between clan members. I am a team player.

Who you choose to ignore and for what reason is your business. I guess all I could say is I would expect a greater level of maturity from someone holding position in Wessex.
    This is a position? I haven't had anything to do.

If you're curious, PM me.
    January 5th, 2006

Surly von Fishbarrel is offline Baron of Urth
    Knight Commander of the Solar Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Dafur Hammertoe View Post
    This is a position? I haven't had anything to do..
    Wow, that's certainly a lot of respect you show for it...

It'd be a very sad day indeed when yeomen were denouncing their own positions as useless while thumbing their nose at people who appreciated them enough to give it to them. I didn't know you thought so little of it, and I feel a little betrayed. But you're right Dafur, you don't have a position.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Wessex View Post
    Proto and Fenris left the clan... There's nothing more final than that. We can't go out and really kill them.
    I know where Proto lives man.

It's not worth it, Avarice Isles! It never is!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Fishbarrel View Post
    Wow, that's certainly a lot of respect you show for it...

It'd be a very sad day indeed when yeomen were denouncing their own positions as useless while thumbing their nose at people who appreciated them enough to give it to them. I didn't know you thought so little of it, and I feel a little betrayed. But you're right Dafur, you don't have a position.
    Take no offense Fishbarrel, that was targetted towards the Chamberlain.

It is only the truth though.. there is nothing to do at the moment to warrant having a position. Until Darkfall comes out they're just meaningless titles.
    January 5th, 2006

Jord Hunter Guest

Take no offense Fishbarrel, that was targetted towards the Chamberlain.

It is only the truth though.. there is nothing to do at the moment to warrant having a position. Until Darkfall comes out they're just meaningless titles.
    I disagree. You think people such as the Duke, Fishbarrel, Thirlan etc should be respected less than they would be if we had Darkfall to play?

Dafur, I'd describe your position as precarious. Theres better, less offensive ways to say what your saying. Your going to make people angry with your current course, including me.
    It's true, the Duke has not been as active as we all became accustomed to back in the day. He's got a lot on his plate, starting a business is rough work, and demands demanding hours, it's unfortunate. However, he is still an excellent leader, and a lot of us talk to him on a daily basis. He is still around. - Sheriff Avarice Isle

I didn't see the Duke championing alongside us in GTA.. The only time I see the Duke is in rare moments in mIRC. Why should I respect him more than Jord, who has actually led us in GTA? Its just a title.

Respect comes from actions not titles. Thirlan does alot with his Zurich Project and is involved with Eve and Tribal Wars.
    Last edited by Oakk Haddock; 02-10-2007 at 07:58 PM.
    January 5th, 2006

And on another note. Your Lords, some of whom you mentioned, were put there, by the Duke, for a reason, because they possess strong leadership skills. Thus, we cannot doubt his wisdom, we should not doubt his dedication.

Respect comes from actions not titles. Thirlan does alot with his Zurich Project and is involved with Eve and Tribal Wars.
    A lot of the officers have to work for a living Dafur, which differs greatly from being in the education system where time is often abundant. I can see how you could say such things since you're not entirely aware of the situation. The Duke is currently working his ass off so that when Darkfall comes out he has the luxury of playing a game. Games don't put food on your table and you, being the one who can't afford all the games you want, should be aware of this. In time I too will not be on as much and chances are a new person will come a long and say the very same thing regarding my position and activity.

Closed Thread

Thread Information