Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Succession of 1301

Malachi Drake is offline The Usurper
    Former Bishop of Wessex

Default The Succession of 1301

I stood alone within the Abbey of St. Jude. My thoughts were lingering on the journey that had led me down this path. One thing was certain; that every decision I had made and every action I had taken had led to this moment. Lesser men may have suffered from doubt or uncertainty but I am a man of faith. I was ready to embrace my destiny.

By now I had been fasting for two days and prior to arriving at the abbey I had taken a cleansing bath at the Spring of St. Cecily the Pure. The Sisters of St. Cecily, angelic guardians of this shrine, had prepared the water with healing balms and rejuvenating oils as they prayed and watched over me during the ritual. With my body prepared it was time to address the needs of the soul.

Pushing aside the great doors I made my way to the inner sanctum of the abbey where I was greeted by the Archbishop Emeriti of Winchester Raven Naymore, an old friend and trusted advisor, to whom I made confession before commencing on an all night vigil.

My vigil broke with the rising of the sun and the Abbot of St. Jude invited me to break fast alongside the brothers of his order. They had prepared a meal in my honour - one that would help to balance my humor and prepare me for the day ahead; pork with a sweet and bitter sauce. It was a welcome meal and a generous gift.

It was not long after the morning prayers that a young and harried clerk ushered me towards the Royal Chancery where I was greeted by The Right Honourable Rhygar apGwynn, Raize Sothenic and all the peers of the realm before whom’s great company I was reminded of our predecessor.

He was a fine and noble leader to whom I will always be grateful for the opportunities and guidance that he and his line had created for the Kingdom of Wessex. It was grave news for all of us to learn that we had lost contact with him on his latest expedition and with no steward appointed or heir apparent the line of succession was broken and thus it fell to the lords to elect a successor.

I will not bore you by recounting the intricacies of the coronation that you have all just attended but on this day I witnessed something truly remarkable that I would like to share with you. As I climbed the stairs towards the throne I was deeply moved at the sight of several young maidens joyfully scattering petals at the entrance to this very room. They were full of nervous energy as they frolicked back and forth filled with complete awe and happiness. A symbol of hope and purity manifested in the next generation of our society. As we sit around this glorious hall, feasting in celebration, you may be wondering why, as your new King, I have chosen to recount this simple tale rather than make an elaborate speech.

My friends, the answer is quite simple. As I look upon you all I too am filled with energy and excitement as we stand together at the precipice of our future. No mortal man amongst us knows what lies in store for us or how history will record our names and deeds. But one thing is certain. For the first time in long years we can look towards the future with hope and a renewed passion to embrace the unknown. Let us stand together as we forge our destines as one people, united with purpose and clarity, as we call out in harmony that we are Wessex.

His Majesty Malachi, King of Wessex, Duke of Wentus-Castrum and Earl of Long March
    Last edited by Malachi Drake; 01-17-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Jaidyn Sothenic is offline Lord of Brockmoore
    Earl of Launceston

Warden of Wessex

It is a righteous day that has been delivered upon us by thy glorious lord Soldeus, it is an honour and priviledge to see you take your place upon the throne and lead us to further glory.

With life and death I pledge the Sothenic name to do your will. My sword is yours to command my king!

Long live the king! Long live Wessex!

*Sir Kaylem lifts a glass of wine in Malachi's name*

To the King!

With life and death I pledge myself to your will. My sword is yours to command my king!
    Long live the king! Long live Wessex!

Long live the King!

As I assume my responsibilities as your humble vassal, I wish to assure you of my loyalty and devotions, as well of my determination to serve you and the people of Wessex to the utmost of my abilities.

So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.

Your Majesty

Sir Otto lifts a glass of wine in tandem with Sir Kaylem*

Long live the King!

I decree that any and all who bear the Osterwind name shall be loyal to the Your throne, Your Majesty. May my sword be an extension of thy will.

Long live Wessex!

May your rule be long and just Your Majesty.

My blade is yours to strike down your enemies, my shield to protect you from them.

*Brother Garadin lifts a jug*
    Long l-*hic*live Wessex!
    Long live the King!

Sir Tarscanian Sothenic raises his glass in tandem, wipes ruby droplets from his moustache with the back of his sleeve and proclaims.

"My King, I am your man"

Congrats. Long live the king!

All hail the king!

"It is said, that when Wooster's name is mentioned, trees tremble in fear."

Closed Thread

Thread Information