Thread: Zyconnic - In need of advice, armor and weapons!

Question Zyconnic - In need of advice, armor and weapons!

Greeting!

On my footman(Zyconnic) I got around 100 pri points left. I want to use it on either:
    • Heavy armor training
    • Axe spec. Question: I already got spears at 100, so was thinking poleaxes may be awesome to use? High dmg, looks nice and worth the points?

- What should I choose?
    *I don't want to be too tanky so I have to decrease my dmg but I don't want to just do 5% extra damage and be less resistance to damage.

In need of crafter/crafters!
    • Spears. Short and long handles(2 of each). - Best quality poss.
    • Round shields. - Best quality poss.
    • Armor. Got armor training, so what ever is poss with this. - Middle/high quality

//Zyconnic
    Last edited by Zyconnic Wolfe; 10-01-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Heavy armor training - Definitely. This not only allows heavier armor, but also tougher shield / spear to be used. Though it's just my opinion.

Spears. Short and long handles(2 of each). - Best quality poss.
    This I can do.

"It is said, that when Wooster's name is mentioned, trees tremble in fear."

Think I will take the heavy armor training.. but it will take a while before I can train it. Only got around 80 armor training and it takes ages to skill up. Any got some ideas how to train it a bit faster?

I will look after you in mumble Wooster. thanks for the reply

tbh I trained my armor-training from 86 to 100 with a macro-keyboard... It still took 3 nights or so also due to the server crashes. I know it's shitty doing such things but it's not much different than running against a mountainedge or the fishnets in Meduli. That's how everyone does it anyway.

I'm not sure about your skill setting but Potion Utilization might also be worth a look for a tank fighter since you don't need to leave combat mode for drinking pots. But that's only an option if pots are stackable now (are they? I mean the pots you get from the vendor).

My experience with poleaxes is that generally you have one hit more when the enemy runs away but the dmg is kinda equal to twohanders... And my last experiences were that the armors are still optimized against slash dmg (ironsilk ftw ).

And if you fight with spears, I recommend a flakestone or incisium cover for the shaft, it will give you a decent weakspot chance (both about the same). Sadly I havent had the time for some testing when I found out that spears are still viable against the heavy armors but if I were you I would try to find a zone where weakspots are more often to happen. I'm almost sure there are such zones because I found at least a way to have every second or third hit a WS when I was hunting Wisents. (you just had to hit the head in the right angle when the wisent was standing in a way that you could hit the eye or in that area. Maybe you'll be able to reconstruct it, but more important is to find such a spot on a human with armor )

What type of character are you playing anyway?

cheers and good luck,
    Giumar

Good read! well, I starting to max out Armor Training with some macro... will take some days :/

about the spears, I guess I need to do some more testing. Last time I bought some spears, i can't remember which materials they were made of only that the spearhead was made of steel. Think it was Teroh who made them?

I dunno what to call my type of character. Heavy spear fighter? No mounted combat, no archer, only spears, heavy armor, 90 dex(meh..), 120 str(can't remember exactly)

yeah you defenetly should do some testing. I fought with spears for quite a long time and can say that steel is ok but there are also other good materials for the head. Flakestone isn't that bad in dmg and superfast and Jadeite is a very good option aswell to keep the costs lower then steel with still good dmg (the dura isn't that high though - but you may want to ask a crafter to use some other wood then SpW for the core, that will push the dura quite a bit.) Damn I would love to play my crafter again and specialize him on spears and shields but I won't be able to do so for still a long time.
    But good luck to you!

Thread Information